Natural Antibiotics for Dogs : We need medicines when we fall sick. In the same way, dogs also need proper treatment when they are ill. You must be aware if your dog is facing any health issues with its activities. One of the significant problems that a dog faces is a bacterial infection. They are prone to some common bacterial infections that require antibiotics treatment; otherwise, they will grow and make your canine friend unhealthy. If you treat your dog instantly with natural antibiotics, it will destroy the bacteria and make it healthy again.
Also Read : Why Do Dogs Eat Grass ? What Should You Do?
Consult before using natural antibiotics for your dog
Also Read: Why Is My Dog Not Eating or Drinking? What Should I Do?
There are many types of antibiotics available in the market for dogs. However, you must consult your vet before applying the antibiotic as it can develop specific allergies. The best and safe option is to use natural antibiotics for dogs. They do not have any side effects, and the cure will also be faster.
Also Read: Why Is My Dog Eating Dirt? Easy Ways To Prevent This
Natural antibiotics for dogs are beneficial as they will boost the immune system of your dog. However, it would be best to encourage using a home remedy to treat your dog as it has no medical side effects.
6 Best natural alternatives to antibiotics for dogs
There are many natural dog antibiotics available in food, oils, plants, and herbs. They are very effective and help your dog to fight against the bacteria with ease. The various natural antibiotics for dogs are the following:
- Oregano oil – It is one of the best natural antibiotics not only for dogs but also for human beings. It contains all the elements that can make your dog healthy and cure any bacterial infections.
- Also Read : Can Dogs Eat Zucchini? Should you feed zucchini to your furry partner?
- Honey – Honey is an effective antibacterial for dogs. It is one of the best foods to heal any bacterial issues of your dog. It is one of the most primitive curable agents and is still used as a perfect home remedy, especially if your dog suffers from stomach problems.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – The Apple Cider Vinegar is the best natural antiseptic for dogs. You can use it if your dog is suffering from inflammation and infection. It also helps your dog to digest the food easily. If your dog is suffering from an ear infection, you can use it with warm water to flush out the bacteria.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil is an ancient medicine that does not have any side effects. You can blindly use natural coconut oil on your dog’s body if it has rough and broken skin. It is beneficial for treating dog’s wound naturally.
- Olive Leaf: We all love dogs and like to cuddle them, but if your dog develops skin disease, it will restrict you from going near it. Hence you must always try to keep your dog away from bacterial infection. The best way to treat your dog suffering from skin infection is to use olive leaf. The effects of applying olive leaf extract on your dog are simply magical.
- Turmeric: A tiny pinch of turmeric in your dog’s food will work wonders. It is a natural phenomenon for centuries. It is an effective antibacterial medicine that can fight infection and boost the immune system of your dog.
A word of caution
Natural antibiotics for dogs are undoubtedly helpful for their health, but you must consult your vet before using them. It is because he will advise you on how to administer the antibiotics to your dog. Hence if your dog has any medical issues, you must be cautious about treating bacteria with natural antibiotics.
Furthermore, you must avoid using medical antibiotics as they can be risky to your dog’s health. You must also give the antibiotics in the right proportion as a dog is very sensitive to over-used anything. Finally, you must ensure to treat your dog with a well-prescribed antibiotic as it will cure the infection fast and help your dog become healthy and hearty.
Q1. What can I give my dog as an antibiotic?
Ans: There are many antibiotics available for the treatment of dogs. It is best to use natural antibiotics for dogs rather than over-the-counter ones. It is because the immune system of a dog is susceptible, and hence a naturally made antibiotic will undoubtedly help your dog fight against bacteria quickly. Some of the natural antibiotics that will keep your dog healthy are
- Oregano oil
- Olive leaf
- Coconut oil
Q2. What is the strongest natural antibiotic?
Ans: Oregano oil is the strongest natural antibiotic you can use to cure your dog if suffering from a bacterial infection. If your dog is wounded, you can apply oregano oil as it is a perfect antibacterial for dogs. You can use it with water or coconut oil to get the best results.
Q3. How do you treat a bacterial infection in a dog?
Ans: Dogs are prone to bacterial infections as their bodies do not possess a high immune system. If your dog is suffering from a bacterial infection, you must consult your vet before coming to any conclusion. It is because your vet will give you the right advice on medication, keeping in mind the health issues and side effects of the medicine.
Q4. What is a natural antibiotic over the counter?
Ans: Whenever there is any bacterial growth, we use antibiotics to combat it. It is safe and helpful, especially if your canine friend is suffering from a bacterial infection. Natural antibiotics are safe as they do not have any side effects if used in the correct proportion. You can purchase a natural antibiotic over the counter as it is available quickly and at a lesser cost.
The best natural antibiotic that you can get over the counter is Benzoyl peroxide. It can dry the affected area of your dog with bacterial infection quickly with no side effects.
Antibiotics act as a wall to bacterial infection as it stops the spread of the disease and cures it fast. There are many antibiotics in the market, but you cannot choose any of them for your dog. Hence, you must ask your vet what kind of antibiotics you can give a dog, as not all are suitable for your dog’s health. Since dogs are speechless animals, you must not ignore them. If you feel that your dog is uncomfortable due to bacterial infections, you must use natural antibiotics for dogs to keep them safe and healthy.