Simply trimming the nails of your pets does not solve the problems for them. You can try taking care of your pet’s nails at home, provided you have proper tools apart from the trimmers. If you have a close look at the floors and see scratches or some tapping sound when your pet walks, it is a sign of long nails, and you need a pet nail grinder to bring the nails to a comfortable size. Trimming of the nails can often be painful or put your pet under stress.
Therefore, one should use a pet nail grinder and relieve your pet of the pain and stress of having long nails that often curve inwards. Using the best pet nail grinder is one of the best solutions as it does not hurt your pawed pet.
How To Use A Pet Nail Grinder
To grind the nails of your pawed pet, hold on the rotary dog nail grinder on the top of the nails for a few seconds. The grinder effortlessly shortens the height of the nails and shapes nails accordingly. It is best to grind the dog nails in short intervals with a dog nail filer. All grinders make some sound, so it is best to work slowly so that your pet gets accustomed to the sound of the motor and does not feel uncomfortable. One should take care of their dog’s nails after every one or two months and use a grinder to resize and shape them.
The Top 10 Pet Nail Grinders
1. Nail Grinder and Trimmer by Dremel
Nail Grinder and Trimmer by Dremel
- Model 7760-PGK Dremel dog nail grinder is a cordless and rechargeable tool to keep the nails of your dog in shape. It has a nail guard to grind the nail at 45 degrees. With nine grooming accessories included in the kit, one can trim their pet’s nails to their best comfort.
- The speed of the grinder can be varied.
- The nail guard protects the nails against over-cutting.
- It is lightweight and comes with a rechargeable battery.
- The recharging sometimes malfunctions.
2. Pet Dog Nail Grinding and Grooming Tool – Model 7300-PT
Pet Dog Nail Grinding and Grooming Tool
- It is hard to ignore this model of Dremel nail grinder as you intend to trim and grind the nails of your furry friends. Made from high-density plastic, this grinder comes with a sanding drum with 60-grit. It can operate at 6500 and 13000 rpm, and a single charge can work for 3 hours. In addition, it is extremely lightweight and easy to handle.
- The grinder comes with a two years manufacturer warranty.
- It has long battery life.
- It can operate at high speed.
- It has options for only two-speed ranges, unlike multiple speeds of other grinders in its category.
3. Dremel 7020 PGK, 6 Volt nail care set
Dremel 7020 PGK, 6 Volt nail care set
- This multipurpose product from Dremel for dog nails comes with an electric caw clipper, four discs for sanding, and a grinder and file. The battery is 6 volts and can run for a long time without charging. With high and low buttons and an off switch in between, it is easy to handle. In addition, it comes with a nail guard to save your pet against any unintentional operation during filing.
- The noise level is low, unlike other brands and models.
- One can use rechargeable as well as disposable batteries.
- It can be used as an electric claw clipper.
- Many people complain that it is not that powerful, unlike other models of Dremel.
4. Black Nail Grinder Model
Black Nail Grinder Model
- As you search for one of the best nail grinders for your pet, it is challenging to ignore Oster nail grinders, particularly this model. It is one of the most silent grinders and keeps your pet comfortable. One can adjust the nail guard while trimming the nails using any of the two speeds to work. The pack comes with a coarse stone, two coarse bands, and a fine band for various nail grinding purposes of the pet.
- It grinds the nails quite effectively.
- The grinder is easy to handle.
- The price of the grinder is comparatively low when compared with other brands.
- The batteries drain fast and need frequent replacement.
5. Groomers Diamond nail Grinder
Groomers Diamond nail Grinder
- If you are a professional pet groomer, this diamagroove by Diamondg Store should be one of your favorites. It is only the diamond grinder that is sold, but it fits almost all rotary tools. It is one of the sturdiest attachments that one can have, and use it as a nail grinder for dogs. The fine tip of this groomer also polishes the nails.
- The groomer fits any rotary tool.
- This accessory comes with a lifetime warranty.
- The price is on a bit higher side while considering other similar accessories.
6. Upgraded GHG 3 speed trimmer
Upgraded GHG 3 speed trimmer
- This low noise, 3-speed diamond grinding, and trimming are ideal for small to big cats and dogs. It comes with a LED guiding light for easy visibility while in use and can be charged using a USB cable. The battery is 20000 MAH and lasts for 10 hours after a single charge.
- The battery lasts for long working hours.
- The LED light helps to locate the bloodlines.
- The noise level is relatively low.
- Many users face charging issues.
7. Corded Nail Grinder by CONAIRPRO
Corded Nail Grinder by CONAIRPRO
- This professional corded pet nail grinder is lightweight and easy to use on all breeds of dogs. The torque of the rotator is 7500 rpm and is most potent. The kit consists of 4 grinding bands, two stones, a grinding drum, and a wrench. There is an adjustable, transparent guard for the safety of the bloodlines.
- It is corded – therefore, no tension of battery discharges.
- It is reasonably priced compared to other similar brands.
- Since it is corded, mobility is limited.
8. JBONEST Dog Nail Grinder
JBONEST Dog Nail Grinder
- Nothing can beat the battery life of this grinder, as it can work for 20 hours on a single charge. Many users consider it the best nail grinder for dogs as the speed can be adjusted according to the hardness of the nails. It comes with a trimmer and a diamond grinder, and one can use it as per choice.
- It can work for long hours with a single charge.
- The noise level is low.
- The price is pocket-friendly.
- Many users complain that it is not suitable for hard nails.
9. Ergonomically designed TKLake Grinder
Ergonomically designed TKLake Grinder
- If you intend to use the best dog nail grinder, this one is hard to ignore. It comes with three grinder ports working at two speeds, and the rpm of the motor can be adjusted to 7000 or 8000. The noise level is below 40 decibels, and the ergonomic design does not hurt the pet while working with it.
- The noise level is low.
- It has a Ni-Mh rechargeable battery that can work for 3 hours on a single charge.
- The clipper is not that good.
10. Dog Nail Grinder by Casifor
Dog Nail Grinder by Casifor
- It is hard to ignore this dog nail file not only for extended battery life but also for comfortable trimming and grinding your pet’s nails. It has a step-less speed control system with low motor noise. In addition, the diamond bits for grinding the nails are of high quality and lasts long.
- The speed can be varied without steps.
- The battery lasts longer on a single charge.
- It is a bit weighty.
Keeping a good quality pet nail grinder is a must if you want to avoid visiting your pet groomer. One can select any one of the above nail grinders. However, I prefer the Groomers Diamond nail Grinder as it can fit on any rotary handle, and the bit is of superb quality. One can also work fast using this grinder. However, one can buy any one of the above as per their choice and budget.